Frequently Asked Questions

1. What insurance plans do we accept?

We accept most major insurance plans.

2. What if I have Kaiser as my private insurance?

Kaiser is their own entity and does not provide coverage outside of Kaiser  facilities. Any prescriptions filled will be at a cash price.

 3. How do I fill a prescription from my home pharmacy?

We can transfer your prescription from home to be filled at our pharmacies. We will need the following information:

  1. Pharmacy Name and Phone number
  2. Prescription number if available
  3. Patient name, date of birth and medication name

Due to state laws, some medications may not be transferred please inquire with the pharmacy upon placing the transfer request.   

 4. What do I do if I currently take ADHD medications from another state?

Due to California state law, the pharmacy may only fill prescriptions prescribed by physicians that are licensed in California. For those that have out of state providers, patients need to establish care in California with a California licensed physician in order for the prescription to be valid.  

Mailing of prescriptions are discouraged due to the increase in probability of loss.

5. What happens if I see a doctor off campus?

We are a regular retail pharmacy that can fill prescriptions prescribed by off campus physicians. As stated we accept most major insurance plan networks.

6. What forms of payment does the USC Pharmacies accept?

We accept all major forms of payment including the USC Card (unique to USC Pharmacies).

7. How can I get more information about where to safely dispose of expired or unwanted medications?

Here is some information about medication disposal options, with links to locate a medication disposal site near you.